| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Inspects and accepts incoming shipments of supplies, equipment, and postal mail for all departments throughout the Center and sorts and delivers them to designated areas.
- Receiving: Receives deliveries of all merchandise, supplies, equipment and postal mail.
- Monitors and controls the flow of delivery trucks by assigning loading bays to deliveries and communicating corresponding directions to truck drivers. Provides appropriate equipment for unloading of parcels, e.g., pallets, flatbed trucks, etc.);
- Checks merchandise, supplies, equipment received against packing slip and bill of lading for quantity and specifications by conducting a physical inspection and a physical count of parcels delivered. Communicates any discrepancies (i.e., shortage, damaged merchandise) to supervisor/manager.
- Delivery: Delivers merchandise, equipment, and mail to requisitioned
- Uncrates and, if necessary, palletizes and stacks on to appropriate internal delivery trucks;
- Completes delivery information on the parcel label, i.e., employee name and location, if the Information on the label is incomplete by performing the following steps: query the
- Smartstream system or the MSKCC telephone directory web page or MSKCC employee Directory.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: 1 year or demonstrated competence using departmental assessment tools.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.