| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Annual Giving is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and hard-working assistant to join its team. In this role you will provide assistance to multiple groups within Annual Giving including the cultivation, programmatic, and grateful patient teams. This includes working on a wide range of projects, from donor correspondence and stewardship to data maintenance and reporting.
- Manage integrity of Annual Giving assigned accounts, updating contact information and monitoring duplicate accounts.
- Respond to general donor inquiries to the development office, ensuring superior levels of customer service
- Assist gift officers with stewardship phone calls and follow up.
- Process credit card donations and other types of gift documentation
- Conduct prospect research using external databases
- Coordinate in-house mass mailings
- Manage supply orders and inventory and other team/office logistics
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned by and to support the Director, Associate Director of Annual Giving, or Senior Annual Giving Officer.
- You are a quick study, highly detail oriented, and capable of handling multiple high volume projects and relationships simultaneously
- You are a team player who is ready to help out where needed
- You enjoy working with people and building strong relationships
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years work experience
- Comfortable working with large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in fundraising or communications a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.