| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Cell Therapy and Cell Engineering Facility develops, validates, and implements procedures critical to gene transfer-related clinical research including: genetic engineering and ex vivo transduction of patient cells, vector production, R&D work relating to vector production and transduction of patient cells, analysis of gene transfer efficiency and transgene experience in patient cells and tissues by cellular and molecular approaches.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cell Manufacturing Technician to assist investigators under general supervision. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist investigators in the development and quality control of ancillary cells (master cell banks) and genetically modified hematopoietic patient cells (CD34+ hematopoietic progenitors and lymphocytes).
- Participate in production, characterization and quality control testing of: genetically modified hematopoietic patient cells, genetically modified ancillary cells.
- Analyze gene expressions in cell and patient lines by FACS, PCR and Q-PCR.
- Participates in the analysis of data and contribute to evaluation.
- Participates in patient sample processing and maintenance of corresponding database.
- Assist in the development, writing and update of SOPs.
BA/BS with three (3) years related experience or MA/MS with one (1) year related experience; previous experience in a QC, a cGMP or clinically regulated environment and knowledge of biotechnologies strongly preferred.
Must have experience with molecular and/or cellular biology techniques.
Must have experience with computers and database applications.
Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail are required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.