| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Surgery Informatics Manager to join our amazing team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Department of Surgery informatics and technology strategy and initiatives.
- Oversee overall assessment, development and prioritization of LAN Administration, department databases, web applications, and system interfaces.
- Lead and facilitate efforts to analyze, evaluate, redesign and implement process improvements to technology associated workflows including clinical, surgical and research operations.
- Serve as Principal Investigator for healthcare innovation and biomedical informatics research in the Department.
- Conceptualize,develop and execute Department of Surgery information systems and technology plans, priorities and initiatives.
- Lead workinggroups to analyze, evaluate, design and implement improvements to the use of information and technology in operating rooms and outpatient clinics.
- Establish aleading biomedical and healthcare informatics program through research grants, publication, presentations, contracts and projects. Keeping abreast of current technology.
- Be responsible forinterviewing, hiring and training of new clerical and management employees, as well as the ongoing training of existing employees.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Graduate degree in Business, Public Administration, Information Science, or Technology required
- More than 10 years of Healthcare systems, biomedical informatics, research, statistics, and/or engineering experience required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.