| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Plant Operations – Control Technician
Main Function: Under the direction of the Plant Operations Controls Manager, provides technical expertise regarding all controls and electronics for plant systems including HVAC, steam distribution, medical gas systems, refrigeration and miscellaneous auxiliary systems.
- Operate, maintain and repair all control systems such as computerized HVAC controls, electric-pneumatic controls, electronic controls, valve and damper operators, liquid valve controllers, and other controls used in medical and research center mechanical spaces. Reads, interprets and records all systems data.
- Correct abnormal environmental and systems conditions (e.g., temperature variations, loss of utilities, steam and water pressures and quality variances in water systems).
- Inspection/Testing: Inspect and test, directly and on-screen, air and water distribution system equipment as well as the panels, gauges, charts and meters which determine the operating condition and performance of equipment. Adjust and calibrates controls as needed.
- Service: Respond to customer questions or request demonstrating courteous and professional customer service.
- Minimum Education: High school with post high school vocational/technical training or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: Knowledge of computer software systems for building automation, such as Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Schneider and Siemens.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of DDC, electro-mechanical and electro-pneumatic controls is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of equal experience with a college degree in HVAC technology will be acceptable.
- All candidates should show sufficient ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision.
- Preferred Education (optional): Electrical and/or HVAC trades.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.