| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Interventional Radiology is looking for a Scheduler for the Angio/Interventional surgical department. The Scheduler will coordinate and organize both outpatient and inpatient procedure referral/requests. The Scheduler will also resolve issues concerning the schedules, provide assistance for referring and IR clinic, coordinates patient appointments.
Days & Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 6:00PM FLEX
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multitask
- Computer savvy
- Capable of building strong customer (patients and referring physician office) relationships .
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Action oriented and eager to take on new tasks and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Coordinate, schedule and process all Outpatient and Inpatient procedures in the Interventional Radiology Service.
- Process patient information and enter data using HIS, RIS-IC, Cadence and Optime.
- Gives clear and precise instructions to patients and referring office.
- Call and confirm procedure times in advance for next day and following day procedures ensuring highest level of patient satisfaction and professionalism.
- Ability to adjust schedule and offer alternative solutions to meet needs of patients.
- Organize and triage large volume of phone calls.
- Effectively communicates with referring physician offices regarding procedure dates and requirements needed prior to surgery.
- Handle and respond to heavy emails with confidentiality.
- Investigate and ensure all CT, PET and MRI scans are uploaded into PACS prior to procedure approvals.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.