| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you interested to learn about Clinical Research Nursing at MSK and how you can be a part of our exciting Clinical Trials team?
As a Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) at MSK, your role is always patient centered and you will work directly with patients and care givers throughout the entire clinical trial study process. As a core member of the Clinical Trials team you will collaborate with physicians and researchers to determine patient eligibility, provide education to patients and caregivers about the trial and coordinate patient consent and enrollment in trials. Each day, you will clinically monitor and assess patients, providing expert guidance on symptom management to help ensure compliance with protocol procedures for the trial while maintaining patient safety.
In this important role you will contribute to the advancement of evidence-based oncology care by advocating for patient safety, providing nursing assessments of trial patients, and maintaining integrity of the studies.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model
- Facilitate accrual of appropriate patients to clinical trials
- Coordinate patient care activities and participate in the conduct of studies for patients enrolled in clinical trials
- Educate patients and their families regarding clinical trials in general and the specifics of the proposed clinical trial
- Provide direct nursing care, patient and study assessments, education and patient/ family support to research study participants
- Collaborate with the principal investigator to review new protocols from a nursing perspective, and participate in multidisciplinary discussion for approval
- Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional and external agencies
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of treatment on protocol and follow-up
- New York State (NYS) RN license; (NJS) licensed for opportunities in New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- At least two years of Oncology nursing experience
- Clinical research nursing experience preferred, but not necessary
- Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong communication skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.