Senior Contracting Specialist
Posting Number: 20161195S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 281-Research Office
The Senior Contracting Specialist drafts, reviews, negotiates, and processes sponsored research contracts, intellectual property contracts, and other research-related agreements, representing the institution to external parties.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the receipt, review, negotiation, execution, amendment, and closure of contracts and related budgets in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Maintain contract documentation in ORA and university systems.
- Prepare and maintain contract templates and preferred language library for various research and intellectual property agreements, including sponsored research, collaborations, subcontracts, non-disclosures, material transfers, licensing, and so forth, in collaboration with University Counsel.
- Establish and maintain professional and timely communications with external contacts throughout the contract negotiation process; build collaborative relationships internally with investigators and other academic personnel, University Counsel, and other administrative units as needed.
- Remain current with industry-standard grants and contracts regulatory requirements and related practices through continuing education, participation in relevant industry groups, and the professional network of research administration.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with colleagues in ORA; Deans Offices; departmental administrative staff; other central administrative offices; and investigators.
- Participate in ORA initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Fluency in research administration, basic intellectual property principles, and related contracting terminology. Expertise in devising contract language solutions that protect the institution while meeting the needs of external parties. Ability to understand contractual requirements.
- 5+ years experience working independently with various agreement types in contracts administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to negotiate. Ability to understand and implement budget requirements, including the calculation and application of indirect costs.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite; ability to understand configuration and operation of institutional and sponsor-provided systems related to grants and contracts.
- Masters Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Experience in an university environment preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 11/30/2016
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10163
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency