| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Serve as member of functional team that designs, reviews, analyzes and maintains the University’s voice communication systems. Ensures uninterrupted access to all voice telecommunication and unified communication features, including voicemail, call center applications and telemanagement systems. Partners with network engineering to ensure network connectivity to core network, local switches, routers, voice gateways. Ensures QOS (quality of service) and proper security measures are in place for voice components. Supervises vendors during installation, rearrangement and/or maintenance of equipment. Relies on expertise to makes recommendations to end users regarding voice communications software and hardware solutions. Offers support, troubleshooting and performs moves/adds/changes.
- Serves as technical project lead for system implementations and migrations.
- Performs complex tasks associated with telecommunications functions such as programming in routing tables and translations for dial plans, call center applications, automated attendants, voice mail, and call accounting.
- Analyzes the needs of users and recommends for software/hardware systems. Prepares specifications for implementation of new programs/ modifications to vendor software.
- Performs programming for moves, add and changes.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Provides technical guidance to Director of Network Engineering, Assistant Director of Telecommunication Services and Network Engineering team regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Partners with network engineering teams to ensure network connectivity from core network to desktop in both the CFU and schools.
- Trouble shoots and maintains voice gateways. Engages and supervises vendor for installation, repair and replacement of equipment.
- Deploys, tests, maintains, monitors and trouble-shoots telecommunication voice components to provide a secure, high performance voice network.
- Utilizes telemanagement system for creation of voice and data work orders, billing, cable and asset management.
- Provides incident support and resolution. Working to troubleshoot advanced telephony related issues that are escalated from field technicians (Ex: Call center routing, provisioning services, etc.)
- Provides end user training.
- Provides support to inventory management.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in telecommunications or related field plus 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of VoIP and traditional telecommunications systems.
- Working knowledge of network system components and understanding of how the two interface.
Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness, and empathy; must have the ability to assess the specific needs of the customer and be able to communicate these appropriately; must possess the ability to clearly communicate with clients and team members through written and spoken word.
Project Management: Ability to develop a project plan and manage technical projects involving work of others.
Planning and Organization: Ability to lead, plan, and organize the work of others.
Technical Knowledge: Understands the interworking of voice systems, network switches, routers and voice gateways.
Technical Support: Ability to independently resolve complex problems within areas of responsibilities; ability to perform diagnostics on assigned software and hardware.
Consultancy Skills: Ability to assess needs of user and recommend small-scale solutions to meet customer need; ability to consult with senior-level decision makers, on an on-going basis, to discuss alternative technical solutions.
- VoIP project management experience.
- System migration experience.
- Knowledge of legacy telecommunications systems – DMS100, Call Pilot Voice Mail.
- Telephony switch certification preferred.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of WASH U IT. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.