The Research and Writing Internship provides an opportunity for a recent college graduate to spend one year as a full-time paid member of the curriculum development team researching and writing curriculum resources for the secondary level. The Research and Writing Intern is selected through a competitive application process described on the Choices web site at http://www.choices.edu/intern.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, April 2nd, 2017.
This position is a one-year appointment with possibility of renewal for a second year. It runs from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
The Intern works with the curriculum team on the research and writing of curriculum units and other print and digital educational resources that immerse students at the secondary level in the complexities of our world. Choices Program resources engage students in critical analysis and collaborative discussion of contested issuesâ??past and present.
- A demonstrated interest in international issues and/or history and in the secondary education field
- Strong communication, organizational, research, and writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Creativity, energy, patience, and reliability
- Professional, energetic, and polished demeanor
- Bachelors degree required
In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Personal Statement (three pages maximum) Please address not only where you have been but what you see in the future. Why are you interested in this internship? What do you expect to bring to the internship? What do you expect to take from it?
- College Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation- Reference letters can be submitted separately to Choices@brown.edu.
Please Note: The online application requires that all attachments are loaded at one time.
BACKGROUND CHECK: Criminal and Education
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Research and Writing Intern
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.