NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate Provide professional nursing care for infertility and fertility preservation patients including cycle preparation, cycle management, procedure assist, medication administration and assistance, OR and recovery room triage, management and monitoring, patient education and counseling. Implement and maintain established department and hospital policies, including but not limited to QA, safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Implements specialized plan of care for IVF patients and other ART procedures, in coordination with the IVF physician. Provides specialized direct care as needed during infertility treatments
- implement various modes of treatment and medical protocols utilized by the Program. Is thoroughly familiar with the physiologic action of the agents utilized in medication protocols, including dosage and strength, risks of treatment, and is able to identify and report any negative developments in a patient.
- Provides formal patient education through various contacts with patient by telephone and in person before, during and after treatment cycle.
- Participates in daily team conference and daily assignments to ensure all tasks are efficiently completed including but not limited to recovery room, OR circulation for retrievals and transfers, The book, telephone instructions, orientation, phone coverage and chart review.
- Collaborates with other members of the IVF team (physicians, laboratory personnel, administrative staff, anesthesiologist, etc.) to provide comprehensive care, by communicating through proper channels and relaying accurate information.
- Records laboratory results and provides direction to patients on the basis of the results as per established protocol.
Provides guidance in genetic testing for carrier screening and for PGD/PGS.
- Interacts with pharmacy for ordering medications, reinforces dosage instructions and administration techniques with patients
To qualify you must have an Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is highly preferred; a Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing requires a minimum of one year experience in conjunction with plans to earn a baccalaureate degree required. Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York licensure is required. BCLS certification is also required. Fluent written and spoken English language skills necessary. Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aura acuity to perform responsibilities needed. RN with experience in gynecology setting; proficiency in phlebotomy and medical surgical experience.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
1+ years Experience with fertility patients
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.