NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Sec II-Intake/Scheduler (35).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing support for clinical intake operations. May provide assistance to less senior staff with completing intake related duties related to authorization of procedures and medications for fertility medications.
- Performs other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.
- Prepares simple, routine memoranda letters, labels, correspondence and other documents as needed. Reviews work for accuracy and completeness.
- May assist, provide guidance and/or train less senior staff with completing intake related duties.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed. Notifies supervisor of any shortage of supplies.
- Processes incoming and outgoing documents related to authorization of medications and procedures. Completes forms neatly. Secures appropriate signatures and forwards documents/forms to correct destination based on pertinent Medical Center procedures. Maintains copy for files. Faxes documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction, or refers them to more senior level staff. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
- Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Refers patients who have a question regarding insurance coverage or are in need of counsel on financial matters based on established criteria (e.g., denial of electronic insurance eligibility, ABN questions/concerns, questions regarding insurance or pay-or restrictions, making payment, multi plan determinations, any and all issues/questions/concerns relating to financial matters) to the Business Office Associate.
- Monitors intake work queue for timely intake completion.
- Scan all necessary documents into the financial system and clinical system advising staff of authorization status.
- Follow up with patients and/or their representatives, physician offices, etc to gather missing data and materials in order to complete the intake process, or refers to more senior level staff.
- Reviews schedule and works with patient coordinators to obtain authorizations in a timely manner.
To qualify you must have a High School diploma. Three years of relevant medical clerical experience. Knowledge of medical billing and authorization process, Knowledge of medical terminology.
Background in computer literacy preferred. Light, accurate keyboarding skills required. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills required.
Knowledge of computer-based scheduling and appointment programs. Excellent telephone skills. Prior physician practice experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.