The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physical Therapist in the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries Department. To qualify a Master's Degree or higher in Physical Therapy and valid New York State license or registration required, Doctorate Degree preferred. He/she will be also required to take 36 hours of approved continuing education over the thee (3) year registration period. The ability to lift, push, pull, or move patients and equipment in excess of 150 lbs. with or without the use of assistive devices required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating physical therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed physical therapy treatment to assigned patients in a supervised program of rehabilitation. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Review medical, social, and psychological information and interprets medical/physical therapy referral correctly.
- Monitor and assess the patients status in order to plan a course of treatment correctly.
- Implement a physical therapy plan for each patient assigned independently.
- Document all treatments rendered and maintains appropriate work records.
- Develop follow-up home care programs for patients, when deemed necessary
- Participate in in-service programs, conferences, and consultations.
- Maintain all equipment used during treatments.
- Participate in training and monitoring the performance of physical therapy students during their clinical rotation.
- Identify patient needs as part of the physical therapy treatment program.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.