About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Undergraduate Administrative Assistant provides office management for the assistant department head of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), and support for ECE undergraduate and graduate curricula. This position serves as Course Assignment Coordinator for undergraduate and graduate programs, schedules classes for both graduate and undergraduate programs on a semester basis, refers students to appropriate advisor or technical area within the department, and coordinates the flow of paperwork with respect to the missions of the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Administrative support experience in an academic or professional office environment.
- Experience such as data entry, managing electronic calendars/scheduling, creating correspondence, and updating syllabus.
- Knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to set priorities, make independent decisions in a timely manner, and handle multiple tasks under stressful situations.
- Ability to interpret and apply university policies and procedures for undergraduate and graduate programs and handle confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and ability to work with all individuals in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of university student systems and procedures.
- Student support experience such as working with curriculum changes for graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Knowledge of large relational databases such as Banner.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.