Charge Analytics Manager
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Charge Integrity, the Manager of Charge Integrity will supervise the daily functions performed by a team of Charge Capture Specialists and Clinical Charge Capture Specialists. The position will be responsible for assisting with the development of policies and procedures, continuous monitoring of key performance indicators, supervising routine and special project analysis, and assuring the accuracy and completeness of charges captured for insurance and patient billing of inpatient and outpatient hospital services. Coordinates revenue cycle project work with management teams outside of the department (Central Business Office, IT, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Clinical Departments) to ensure solutions are accurately communicated and implemented properly.
- Bachelorâs degree with an emphasis in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related healthcare concentration area.
- 3 years of experience
- Solid understanding of hospital revenue cycle operations (registration, inpatient and outpatient charge capture processes, health information management, claims, payment posting).
- Strong project management and people skills.
- Experience in performing data analysis utilizing computerized tools/techniques.
- Knowledge of regulatory publications, how to access and interpret.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excel report writer
- Technical data mining skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with EPIC HB and PB applications, Charge Router, Charging Interfaces, and Chargemaster/EAP Files
- EPIC report writing knowledge with Clarity and Reporting Workbench
- EPIC Certification in Resolute HB
- Extensive knowledge of government and commercial payer requirements to ensure accurate and compliant charging and billing of hospital inpatient, outpatient, surgical and ancillary services.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCs, and revenue codes and APC, fee for service, and DRG payment methodologies.
- 6 years of relevant healthcare experience and a minimum of 4 years in a supervisory/management role in a healthcare related field.
- Prior supervisory experience and the ability to train and lead a team to successfully implement charge capture improvement initiatives in coordination with hospital and physician management support functions.
- Candidates with advanced business degrees (ie., MBA, or Masters of Healthcare Administration).
- Professional Certifications specific to business management (CPA) and/or healthcare revenue cycle (CHFP, CPC, COC).