Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Welcome to Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP):
We are the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treating airway diseases. If you have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care including testing, treatment, resolution and management â all under one roof.
If you need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feel better fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airway diseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompasses evaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Allergies can prevent you from enjoying food, nature and pets. They can also make it hard to use many household products. We offer complete care to help you manage your allergies.
Sinus issues can cause trouble breathing, headaches or swelling in your face. We can help you find sinus relief.
Uncontrolled asthma can prevent you from being active and enjoying life. We can test, diagnose and treat your asthma, often in just one visit.
Our main office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University and where the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood and Franklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking.
The candidate selected will work PRN hours during our normal clinic hours listed below:
Monday â Thursday 7:30 a.m.â 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.â 12:00 p.m.
- Provides customer service, including telephone etiquette, cash management, schedules appointments, processes insurance updates and conducts patient check in/out according to the Standard Clinical Operating Model with regular guidance.
- Strong customer service experience is critical for this position
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
- Team player
- Medical office / clinic experience highly desired
- Internal candidates preferred
- Familiar with Star Panel and EPIC
- For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US