The Procedure Center Registered Nurse assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates nursing care for adolescents and adults in Procedure Center.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate annual competency skills appropriate to Procedure Center and have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Procedure Center.
- Conduct physical, cultural, spiritual, and psycho social assessment through objective and subjective data using Nursing Assessment form.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, maintaining clinical skills for peripheral IV insertion, sterile technique when accessing all venous access devices, and properly identifies, labels, and administers medication per hospital policy.
- Assess patients knowledge of procedure and expectations, involve patient and family in their plan of care, education, and discharge planning.
- Consistently helps to coordinate and maintain productivity by following the staffing guidelines/grids
- Manages the delivery of patient care and reports changes to physician when appropriate using SBAR while holding staff accountable to exceptional standards.
- Always uses the 5 rights and 2 patient identifiers when administering medications
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational specific policies, protocols, and care paths by attending scheduled competencies and demonstration of skills required for Procedure Center.
- Effectively assesses critical results collects, reports, and documents data accurately, including but not limited to I/O, Vital signs, Accuchecks, and collection of specimens.
- Maintain hourly rounding with purpose by staff and makes rounds with physicians.
- Maintain Basic Life Support Certification, obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support and maintain certification.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills and be committed to patient satisfaction 100% of the time and will utilize service recovery skills.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Current CPR and obtain ACLS within 1 year of hire
- 6 months nursing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Critical Care/specialty care, cardiac cath lab, radiology, or surgery experience
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.