| Job Description: |
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and support HR management to perform risk and control assessments within our function. Calibrate and challenge assessment results where appropriate.
- Implement risk framework on HR policies and procedures for monitoring and controlling the risk in APAC region
- Ongoing monitoring, investigation and reporting of risk exposure on multiple key HR processes, e.g. Regulatory Filing, Laws & Regulations Changes, Data Protection / Retention
- Formulate and execute control plans on key controls, and work closely with HR Shared Services team, Country HR teams & Regional Specialist teams to conduct testing
- Provide regular updates and reports to HR Management, escalate and propose mitigation plan if needed
- Manage routine reviews within HR function, e.g. Access Review, Workspace Audit, Business Continuity Plans. Support testing and work with various HR teams on follow up actions.
- Provide support for both Internal / External Audit on any review work, including Branch audit in other APAC locations
- Support various HR teams to leverage the framework to identify, monitor, mitigate and report operational risks. Drive discussions to achieve SIAI target and support documentation of new SIAIs.
- Act as a liaison to provide centralized coordination and support on Vendor Management, coordinate governance and compliance elements of vendor performance
- Maintain and update Outsourcing registers and KPI reporting
- University Degree with minimum 6 years of professional experience
- Strong background in operational risk or audit
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures, systems, and payroll operations a plus
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team/ matrix environment
- Can demonstrate deep/broad business acumen, with strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of strong project management skill in developing solutions and enhancing existing relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, be able to build partnership with various stakeholders
Posting Date: 06/02/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong, SG--Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40