Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
- Report to Manager, Specialized Collections
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist management to manage an acceptable level of credit loss and to maximize economic profits for the Business through good growths. - Support the reduction of credit operation costs through improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of credit operation processes/ strategies - Participate in the design, development and maintenance of analytical data-marts, ensuring that the information is updated, and in sync with business - Build the infrastructure and drive automation of MIS reporting system to improve efficiency for quick response to business needs - Support regular MIS reporting and critical regulatory reporting with key commentary on portfolio trend highlights - Support ad-hoc analysis with insight and meaningful recommendation for senior management - Participate in various system projects with close collaboration with other counterparties like Operations, Technology, Collection Support team, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or above, major in Statistics or Finance related subject - With relevant experience in banking industry - Strong analytical skills, good problem solving skills and ability to work under immense pressure - Possesses sharp judgment and ability to make prompt and reliable recommendations to management under tight timelines - Good communication and interpersonal skills - Fluent speaking in English, Mandarin and Cantonese - Highly numerate with sound knowledge in SAS programming and MS Word/ Access, PowerPoint (Good skills in VBA is preferred)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.