Positions are based out of headquarters in Bethesda, MD. Relocation assistance provided to qualified final candidates outside of the Washington DC/Baltimore metropolitan area.
The Compliance Manager will audit and identify processes and/or activities to ensure they are in compliance with applicable federal securities laws and rules and with ProShare Advisors, ProFund Advisors and Fund policies and procedures. The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Chief Compliance Officer for ProShares, ProFunds and Access One Trusts (collectively the "Trusts") is informed about all material developments in the compliance programs for the Trusts and their principal service providers, each investment advisor, distributor, transfer agent, fund accountants, and any administrative service provider (the Entities). The Compliance Manager will also assist with preparation of routine regular and special written reports for the Board of Trustees for each investment company. Work will also encompass preparing information for regulatory exams and inquiries.
The primary objective for the position is to help ensure that each of the Trusts maintains an effective compliance program under Rule 38a-1under the Investment Company Act of 1940. The position will also monitor for compliance for CFTC regulations for any of the Trusts' funds that are also registered as commodity pools. Reviews will also be performed to ensure compliance with ETF exemptive orders, all applicable exchange rules, accounting and valuation guidelines, Dodd Frank recordkeeping and transaction guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley disclosure controls and procedures, the ability to support review and provide advice on marketing and sales material may also be required. The position will ensure proper record keeping and will document the effectiveness of each compliance function. The position will also be charged with reviewing the compliance services the Trusts have contracted for to ensure the services are performed in accordance with the relevant agreements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for aiding in the development, training and communication of consistent policies and procedures for the Trusts' compliance oversight program.
Research and audit the effectiveness of each of the Entities compliance program. Analyze any reported or discovered compliance exceptions and provide a written summary of the reasons for the exceptions and subsequent measures taken.
- Implement, monitor and report on systems and processes to ensure full compliance by the Trusts with applicable state and federal laws and self-regulatory organization rules.
- Create written summaries of any material changes to compliance policies.
- Perform on site audit work testing and documenting the effectiveness of the Trusts' and Entities' compliance policies and procedures which include operational and risk management procedures that support the compliance program. Provide written and timely audit summary reports to the CCO.
- Maintain current copies of the Trusts' and the Entities' written compliance policies and procedures and all work papers that support the compliance testing.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis the personal trading activities of access persons subject to the Code of Ethics. Also periodically monitor phone calls and emails to ensure compliance with Board adopted policies and procedures.
- Assist with implementation of the Trusts' AML programs.
- Assist with preparation of Boards of Trustees materials such as fair value decisions, compliance reports, Rule 17a-7 cross trade reports and any other reports to assist the Boards of Trustees in evaluation the effectiveness of the Entities' Compliance Programs.
- Monitor exemptions with the CFTC for the funds and ensure proper reporting for funds that are not exempt.
- Assist in ensuring funds comply with Dodd Frank recordkeeping requirements and any ISDA protocols.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley disclosure control procedures.
- Monitor for compliance with ETF exemptive relief conditions and any listing exchange rules.
- Monitor web site postings for consistency with prospectus disclosures and timely posting of regulatory documents.
- Assist with regulatory exams and inquiries.
- Monitor for trade and NAV errors to help ensure proper reporting to the Board.
- Maintain minutes for the Pricing and Valuation Committee.
- Review communications with the public for compliance with regulatory rules.
- Assist in ADV filings.
- Assist in completing annual compliance reviews.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree Finance or related degree
- Ten or more years experience within the securities industry
- Five or more years experience in compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with SEC, FINRA, CFTC and other securities agencies
- Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Good writing skills
- Experience conducting audits
- Experience working with the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience delivering training
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction as needed
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "eFC-CM".
 These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.