Supervisory Relationship Director of Financial Wellness
Work Location 1818 South Paulina, Chicago, IL 60608
Organization General Description
After 25 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging over $431 million in community investment.
General Job Description
The Home Purchase Manager is responsible for the implementation of home purchase and financial wellness counseling and education across TRP's target communities. Main duties include the execution and oversight of TRP's home purchase/financial wellness counseling and education, development of educational programs, facilitation of workshops, supervision of staff, marketing and outreach, building relationships with industry entities and key individuals, and the integration of the home purchase program across all TRP divisions. Services provided include pre-purchase housing counseling and educational workshops. Approximately 60% of the Manager's time is spent providing direct service (counseling, workshops, and community presentations) and 40% of time is spent conducting outreach and performing administrative and supervisory duties.
The Manager is a member of the Financial Wellness Division and works with other staff to further TRP's mission through the promotion of financial literacy, sustainable homeownership, and wealth building.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages Home Purchase staff, including leading and assisting the Director of Financial Wellness with recruitment and selection; scheduling and job assignments; counseling; development and training; performance evaluation; and recommendation for salary increases, disciplinary and other personnel actions, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Actively assists the Financial Wellness team in the vision, planning, and implementation of its strategic plan.
- Creates logic models and work plans to implement key initiatives and objectives as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Supports grant-writing efforts and prepares annual, quarterly, and monthly reports on program- specific housing counseling activities required by funding sources.
- Proactively promotes integration of home purchase services across all TRP divisions.
- Develops and leads outreach and marketing efforts for home purchase services within the community, including homebuyer/financial education, and individual pre-purchase counseling services.
- Cultivates, manages, and expands relationships with financial institutions, corporations, government agencies, and others to facilitate new investments into TRP's service area.
- Develops and maintains relationships and knowledge of programs with government agencies, local financing programs, special programs, and other resources for homebuyers.
- Provides one-on-one home purchase counseling and creates individualized financial action plans tailored to help clients attain homeownership.
- Ensures quality client services.
- Works with team to identify and/or develop new products and services to assist clients with various homeownership and financial product needs.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate client records, data, and reporting systems to effectively track client and program achievements and community impact. Conducts weekly to bi-weekly housing counseling file audits to ensure adequate file maintenance and management.
- Maintains required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.