Position Location: Carmel, IN; Eagan, MN; Metairie, LA; or Little Rock, AR
MISO is an essential link in the safe, cost-effective delivery of electric power across all or parts of 15 U.S. states and the Canadian province of Manitoba. As a Regional Transmission Organization, MISO assures consumers of unbiased regional grid management and open access to the transmission facilities under MISO’s functional supervision.
We manage one of the world’s largest energy markets, clearing billions in gross market charges annually. We use a five-minute commitment process that provides market liquidity and transparent pricing while also minimizing congestion and maximizing efficient energy transmission.
For more info about MISO, check us out on YouTube
Provide legal support and advice, in collaboration with business partners, on a wide variety of matters including: federal and state regulatory proceedings, risk identification, and mitigation strategies, in order to contribute to and influence the strategic direction of the organization.
- Examine, interpret and advise on laws, rulings, and regulations
- Provide leadership, strategic advice, business counseling, and expertise for internal legal resources and business partners to assist in addressing and solving FERC, state, and related regulatory issues
- Prepare contracts, service agreements, tariff amendments, testimony, briefs, arguments, pleadings and other legal documents
- Represent MISO before state and federal agencies and courts
- Advocate on behalf of MISO within regulatory and/or stakeholder committees and groups
- Manage litigation, including the discovery production process and issuance of legal holds to preserve relevant information
- Forecast, allocate and manage resources, including outside counsel, to meet business needs and achieve strategic goals in a timely manner
- Professionally exercise discretion and independent judgment in day-to-day work
- Identify regulatory or external customer/stakeholder issues and proactively develop MISO positions in order to work with teams (including cross functional teams) to achieve desired results
- Effectively network, influence and problem solve to shape outcomes and negotiate agreements with customers/stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Collaboratively partner with other attorneys, paralegals, law clerks, and administrative staff (and other employees in a matrixed organization) to ensure effective communication, operational excellence, and/or customer service is delivered