| East Regional Sales Manager |
Overall responsibility for the selling of optoelectronic solutions in the form of devices or components, subsystems and systems to a variety of markets including defense, medical, industrial, and aerospace markets. Develops new product sales opportunities within a defined geographic regional area along with managing and servicing direct customers and those via distributor/representatives.
1. Calls on company representatives such as engineers, product managers, quality managers, buyers, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments.
2. Convinces prospective clients of the desirability and practicability of the products or serviced offered.
3. Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s use of proposed equipment or services.
4. Recommends and proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services that would result in a new product opportunity, cost reduction or improvement in operations.
5. Provides technical services to clients relating to the use, operation, and maintenance of components.
1. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
2. Responds tactfully and promptly to customer requests for service and assistance.
3. Analyzes the marketplace and competition strategically to identify external threats and opportunities.
4. Gives oral presentations to prospective clients and customers.
5. Prepares written materials (including numeric data) for internal and external groups in a manner appropriate
to the audience.
6. Conducts analyses to assure costs are within company profit guidelines for prospective customers.
7. Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly forecast of revenues on the territory
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. 5-10 years of experience in the selling of Optoelectronic solutions.
2. Demonstrated skills to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3. Proven oral communication skills to present information and respond to questions from internal managers, clients, customers, etc.
4. Possess a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
5. Be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
1. 8-12 years of experience n the selling of Optoelectronic solutions.
2. Possess an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint,
1. BS graduate in Engineering
1. BS graduate in Electrical Engineering
2. MS in Engineering
Misc: This position is for the east coast territory and ONLY Candidates from this region will be considered.
Office Environment. Some exposure to light industrial production environment with little exposure to noise, dust, dirt, temperature and the like. Job requires travel to customer sites and meetings at the customer locations Luna offers competitive benefits package including family oriented comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision plans, company paid life insurance, company paid short term disability, company paid long term disability, Flexible spending accounts, HSA , Teladoc, health Advocate services to name a few.
Luna Innovations, Corporate Headquarters, 301 1st Street, SW, Suite 200, Roanoke, VA 24011
Luna Optosolutions (A Luna company) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Individuals with disabilities/ Sexual orientation/Gender Identity
No phone calls / emails please. NO RECRUITERS AT THIS TIME PLEASE!