- Create financial valuation models to support strategic decisions. Research, gather, classify and analyze financial/statistical data; participate in the preparation of presentations and related documentation; perform and assist in moderate to complex projects involving the analysis of financial, accounting, performance, and/or operating data.
- Meets with HSG business units to understand events affecting business performance and develop trend analyses for the business units. Assist management in developing assumptions regarding key drivers of business which could be expected under the current business status and under alternative scenarios. Conduct scenario analyses based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly financial statements including loading and balancing data into financial reporting software, proofing and distributing the reports. Creates expense accruals as needed. Reconcile forecasts with operating results and report the variances and reasons. Prepare written and oral presentations of material.
- Work with HSG business units and finance to prepare, distribute, and compile data for annual budget planning and forecast. Assist managers with the budgeting process (revenue, capital, expense) and preparation of budgets. Deliver a high level of service to internal customers. Assist managers with aspects of the annual planning process that include development of financial models for new business cases. Evaluate assumptions for reasonableness and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
- Five to seven years professional experience in a for-profit work environment, preferably in financial modeling, analysis and reporting
- Self-motivated individual with proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet conflicting deadlines critical for success. Must be able to troubleshoot and identify potential solutions and quality improvements.
- Understanding of financial systems and the ability to effectively leverage the systems in providing financial support. Need to possess a high level of competence in spreadsheet, database and word processing applications. In particular, experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Has experience working with large data sets for reporting and/or analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to conduct complex financial modeling and data driven analysis. Experience with pricing analysis and financial modeling is essential. Experience with valuation modeling techniques and accounting concepts (discounted cash flows, net present value, internal rate of return, etc.) required.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment, with all levels of management.
- Works daily with sensitive information of a highly restricted nature; including, budgets, contracts and other internal records. Discretion and confidentiality are imperative.
- Ability to work extended hours in order to meet commitments and deadlines.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply to https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=396&source=AFP. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION