| Research Staff Services (RSS) provides administrative support for the hiring, training, and management of the more than 200 research staff that assist over 200 HBS faculty with their research needs. As part of the larger RSS team, the Recruiting Manager provides a wide range of recruiting services focused on attracting and hiring outstanding candidates to support HBS faculty in their research.|
Reporting to Associate Director of Research Staff Services, the Recruiting Manager is responsible for a host of activities designed to support the hiring of research associates with the skills to support faculty research needs. These activities include:
- Develops, implements, and manages a recruitment strategy to identify and hire qualified candidates for research associate roles utilizing a variety of recruiting methods including social media, targeted outreach, job fairs, and postings. Consults with faculty to determine the best staffing model for research support needs, which may include referrals to centralized resources. Partners with the faculty to identify the candidate profile necessary to ensure a match between candidate skills and position requirements. Brings candidates through recruitment process presenting finalist(s) to faculty. Facilitates the recruitment process between faculty and candidates to ensure excellent customer service.
- Creates and manages the requisition process obtaining all necessary approvals. Crafts job descriptions, reviews resumes and writing samples, screens candidates, and checks references. Facilitates the interview process between candidate and faculty. Communicates regularly with faculty and candidates regarding status of process.
- Maintains a pipeline of prospective candidates. Manages the recruitment website, creating content and developing recruitment materials. Plans and executes a robust college recruitment program. Builds and manages relationships with internal and external constituents to create awareness of opportunities and to foster new leads.
- Responsible for managing and implementing a successful on-boarding process for research associates. Ensures all pre-employment paperwork is completed. Coordinates logistics around resources and technology access for new research associates.
- Works collaboratively with RSS team members on temporary research appointments and with Human Resources and the Financial Office on all issues regarding research staff appointments and payrolls. Maintains awareness of compensation levels and equity across HBS and HU, and recommends appropriate compensation for research associate staff.
- Manages, tracks and analyzes data and statistical information related to areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to, recruitment metrics, forecasting, workforce statistics, and support data for assessment, strategic planning and budgeting purposes; assesses the effectiveness of the recruitment experience and process. In conjunction with other members of the RSS team, develops strategies to forecast research staffing needs and implements processes to meet requirements. Identifies best practices related to areas of responsibility and makes suggestions for process improvement.
- Establishes close working relationships with HBS departments, particularly HBS Human Resources and the HBS Financial Office on matters pertaining to research associate recruitment. Serves as a resource on recruitment, benefits, employment data, compensation structures, the HBS culture, department, school and university policy, and working at Harvard to HBS faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with all members of the RSS team by sharing information and seeking best solutions for providing strong faculty research support. Works on special projects that advance the goals of the team and divisions.
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Salary Grade: 056
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary