The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Senior Accountant (Accountant III) position within the Office of Academic Affairs.
This position involves financial management of operating and program budgets in Academic Affairs, including Study Abroad, Undergraduate Studies, Faculty Development, Faculty Sponsored Research, Selim Center.
- Financial management of operating budgets. Reviews and processes financial transactions in accordance with UST policy and procedures. Develops and maintains records and filing system for financial activities. Prepares submission of annual budgets in collaboration with Academic Affairs leadership. Monitors and reconciles expenditure reports and analyzes program growth. Identifies and corrects account discrepancies. Adjusts budgets as necessary. Responsible for producing routine (monthly) and ad-hoc reports on request from Banner and Cognos to provide advanced reconciliation and ready access to information critical for decision-making and internal controls.
- Manages study away and other billing process including processing payments to program providers, verifying and communicating student billing to the business office and reconciliation of study away clearing account. Serves as the primary liaison for student account inquiries regarding charges and refunds.
- Helps prepare Study Abroad and other program budgets in appropriate software for the financial planning purposes of students and Financial Aid.
- Prepares, reviews and submits financial contracts for services and goods in program-related contracts. Ensures that fiscal requests and issues are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Works with the appropriate offices on campus to deal with financial and payroll matters including faculty non-base compensation and student workers. Ensures that scholarship, grant, and award funds are accurately dispersed. Works with Financial Aid and serves as a liaison for off-campus work-study with a service emphasis.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.