QualificationsMinimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Reading, Writing, English Literature, or Education; Master's degree is strongly preferred.
- Additional (graduate) education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Minimum Required Experience:
Two years teaching or tutorial experience in relevant area. Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Required Special Skills and Knowledge:
Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Special Skills and Knowledge:
Experience working with gifted students in age group (7-15).Experience with Microsoft Word.
Physical Requirements for the Job:
Ability to access and transmit information using a computer;dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad and other office machinery; the incumbent will be required to communicate regularly via telephone or Skype and email with internal and external audiences and must be able to exchange accurate and timely information in these settings; Work hours vary and are flexible; including weekends and evenings as determined with supervisor.
Additional Information on Requirements:
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
- Applicants must be based in United States.
- All employees participating in or serving children in University programs must participate in mandatory Child Abuse Prevention online training on the appropriate conduct around children, protecting children from abuse and neglect, and reporting of known or suspected child abuse and neglect.
Machines and/or Equipment Used on the Job, Include % of Time Used:
- Telephone 5 %
Computer or other Special Needs for the Position:
Candidate must have a computer with broadband Internet access;familiarity with online education technologies a plus, such as Moodle, Adobe Connect and Skype.
CTY Online Programs offers students in grades preK-12 challenging academic coursework throughout the year. For more information, please visit: cty.jhu.edu/ctyonline