General DescriptionThe Administrative Coordinator performs an important support role for the manager of the Facilities department, providing administrative support in a demanding, multifaceted, fast paced environment. The Administrative Coordinator will communicate and interact with library patrons, students, staff, and outside visitors and vendors. The Administrative Coordinator must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize effectively, take a proactive approach to work assignments and take initiative in the anticipation of future needs of the manager. The candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who is committed to responsiveness and customer service. This position requires excellent personal judgment and discretion.
Responsibilities for Facilities Management:
- Manage the daily administration for the Facilities Management department and provide support for the Head of Facilities. These duties consist of: answering phones, filing and the organization, greeting patrons, ordering supplies, monitors inventory, SAP entries, ordering food/event planning, etc.
- Responsible for all financial transactions for the department.
- Data Tracking - responsible for gathering and tracking gate counts for the library.
- Locker Management - responsible for working with Circulation and Facilities staff, as needed, to re-core and troubleshoot lockers checked out to students.
- Signage - will be responsible for working with the Facilities Manager, Facilities Coordinator, and other library departments to establish signage guidelines for the library building.
- Finishes and Furniture - will be responsible for working with the Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator to establish and execute annual maintenance needs for library finishes (carpet, paint, etc.); and annual maintenance, repair, and replacement of furniture in the library.
- Faculty Studies & Graduate Work Stations - responsible for the distribution, tracking, and inventory management of the Faculty Studies and Graduate Work Stations.
- Ticketing System (JIRA) - will assist with coordination and distribution of facilities services requests to appropriate departments for attention and help track open requests.
- JCard - will be responsible for the maintenance, tracking and adjustments to the JCard room access system, and will need to work closely with the JCard office.
Responsibilities for HSC (Heritage Science for Conservation):
- Maintains inventory and equipment service records; organizes and maintains departmental files.
- Submits and reconciles SAP purchasing requests and receipts for post-docs and scientists, and assists as needed in tracking inventory of research supplies & materials.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Receives incoming telephone calls.
- Provides trouble shooting support for HSC facilities.
- Takes minutes at Departmental and Unit Level meetings, and as called upon by the Director.
- Facilitates and provides support to Lead Scientist and Project PI for Heritage Science for Conservation.
- Posts research on Departmental webpage, as requested.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for HSC post doc during recruitment and on-boarding in accordance with Library policies and procedures.