| The General Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Babson Skating Center including the Snack Bar. Responsible for overseeing the Skating Center physical plant including all mechanical and power supply areas associated with keeping skating rink, and property leased, running in a proper and efficient manner. Responsible for supervising and assisting in all aspects of the ice field maintenance and ice related matters, including ensuring regular and proper maintenance of ice resurfacer and other vehicles and equipment, maintenance of property surrounding ice, and working with Facilities Service department regarding dehumidifiers, compressors, etc.|
• Manages the daily operation and staff of the Babson Skating Center.
• Oversees and manages scheduling and marketing of all ice time as well as related notification to users regarding dates and payment schedules.
• Oversees operation of a busy Learn to skate USA program.
• Maintains and coordinates all aspects of the mechanical and power supply and ensures timely and necessary maintenance.
• Coordinates the purchasing needs of the skating center, monitoring and tracking usage of all materials, equipment and supplies.
• Coordinates all outside service vendors and secures the best possible situation for the skating center related to physical plant services.
• Oversees and supervises game management as needed for all contests and other special events.
• Responsible for the mechanical maintenance of the ice resurfacer, the rink truck, and other vehicles and ice related equipment as necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring proper ice field maintenance and maintenance and cleaning of areas surrounding ice such as boards, glass, and bench area.
• Oversees and assists in the general maintenance and cleanliness of the skating center including the lobby, officials room, shower and bath, locker room, bleachers (over and under), outer snack bar area, and other areas as assigned.
• Establishes and maintains relationship with regional and national rink associations related to the Skating Center.
• Manages public relations between customers and rink management.
• Oversees the Skating Center Snack Bar and vending machine and is responsible for Board of Health issues, staffing, inventory, maintenance, recycling and daily housekeeping.
• Monitors the banks for Public Skating and Games; goes to the bank when money needs to be changed.
• Works closely with all members of the skating center in a team effort on other duties and projects as assigned.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Program Manager, Skating Center
Assistant Manager, Skating Center
Supervisor, Snack Bar
Snack Bar Attendant(s)
PT Rink Operators