Director of Rooms Division
Posting Number: 20171250S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 505-Office of Auxiliary Services
Become part of this new team in the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Director of Rooms Division is responsible for the oversight and coordination of Front Desk Operations, and Housekeeping/Laundry Operations. Responsibilities include leading and directing the team to maintain and exceed highest quality, 4 Diamond standards on a daily basis. These standards should be met by leading, training, developing, communicating, and motivating team members whereby the results that are achieved are in accordance with the goals and objectives, performance and quality standards established by the Inn at Villanova University. He/she is responsible for scheduling, budgeting, training, interviewing, cost containment, inventories, ordering, cash handling, analyzing data, forecasting, filing incident/accident reports, completing daily/weekly/monthly reports, and developing the overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Extensive use of Rooms, Front Office/Hotel operations systems, Concierge, POS system interfaces and other commonly used systems in the hospitality industry
- Work well in highly stressful situations to effectively lead, provide guidance to guests and staff or resolve concerns or other critical issues. Must be able to effectively deal with major emergencies, such as weather, fire, or other unforeseen events
- Will inspect the work and performance of other housekeeping attendants. Will provide overall guidance and feedback to ensure work activities are properly completed and will communicate to Director any additional concerns that need to be addressed
- Ability to multi-task and plan work for the day, week and month for self and others
- Exceptional financial knowledge as it relates to forecast/ budget for revenues and expense lines
- Support other operational needs to ensure adequate supplies and materials are in stock and the department is operating according to budget.
- Training and empowering team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise work of department staff, assist with scheduling, employee guidance and direction. Will ensure staff is properly trained and aware of hotel and VU standards.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- This position requires a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must have the ability to anticipate guest needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask is essential to success in this role. Working knowledge of rooms management systems is required. Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction are required. Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Organized labor experience preferred
- 2-3 years required; 5-10 years preferred years of experience in a hotel environment or related field. Prior supervisory/managerial experience is required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of cleaning equipment such as washers, dryers, presser is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, climb ladders, perform light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, the ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels. The ability to see details at close range, the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, must be able to stand and/or walk for lengthy periods of time without leaning.
- Equipment used: General cleaning equipment (vacuum, buffer).
- Environmental conditions: Exposure to noise, confined spaces, dust and dirt.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/01/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: J
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10559
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency