Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The position exists to coordinate the university's efforts to attract increased investment by focusing and directing the strategic presentation of Central Washington University to external audiences, especially potential students, elected officials, and community and business leaders.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Marketing and Communications
- Support marketing and communications that promote legislative priorities
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management staff to produce data-driven marketing strategies in support of enrollment priorities
- Coordinate the activities of the department so that all contribute to marketing priorities for brand awareness generally, enrollment recruitment specifically, or other enterprise-level priorities
Government and Community Relations
- Represent CWU to key community constituencies and coordinate official university communications to community stakeholders in support of strategic priorities of the university
- In consultation with the President's Cabinet, help to shape and articulate the position of the university during emergency situations, in the context of policy debates, and in other sensitive circumstances.
Management and Supervisory Duties
- Direct the development and implementation of a departmental strategic plan
- Articulate communication priorities to university leadership, especially Cabinet members and their direct reports.
- Manage the efficient and effective use of the Public Affairs operating budget; identify budget priorities
- Oversee employment of Public Affairs employees: recruitment and hiring new employees; defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback; direct and evaluate the work of staff; promotes professional development opportunities.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
Experience in the following work:
- Developing and executing data-driven strategic communications plans in support of organizational brand awareness and key enterprise fiscal and policy goals
- Coordinating the production of original market research
- Creating and implementing multi-dimensional, data-driven strategic marketing campaigns
- Directing and/or producing marketing materials on numerous platforms, including video, online, and audio.
- Coordinating communication with news reporters, editors, bloggers, etc.
- Implementing strategic communication initiatives through direct personal and community engagement
- Influencing opinion leaders through various channels
- Supervising, coordinating and developing communications and marketing staff
- Issue management, including crisis-response strategies
- Understanding of shifting information consumption platforms, applications, and consumer preferences
- Master's degree
- Experience creating video productions: writing, producing, shooting, and/or editing
- Familiarity with the Pacific Northwest baccalaureate marketplace
- Understanding of academic, business and governance systems of public baccalaureate institutions
- Ability to write and speak Spanish
- Experience in the organization and management of events
- Experience in corporate communications and marketing
- Understanding of Washington state legislative and political processes, including working with political caucuses or policy units
- Understanding of key public policy issues, especially those affecting public higher education
- Experience in fundraising and alumni outreach
- Superior writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation, participation and mutual support to achieve goals.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$170,000 - $200,000 annually
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch), evenings and weekends as necessary |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel will be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 1, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Karen Allen
Title: Administrative Assistant
Phone: (509) 963-1221
Website: Public Affairs
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.