NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate will assist the Principal Investigator on various research protocols and projects, coordinate appropriate agreements, supervise lab personnel, organize and maintain lab supplies, equipment, and operating procedures and manage the budget with the financial team.
- Coordinates, writes and manages research protocols under the supervision of the PI.
- Maintains or creates databases, procedures (SOPs) and ensures laboratory compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Hires, recruits, oversees training, coordinates and monitors activities of laboratory personnel. Completes personnel actions and reviews. Provides ongoing mentorship and support for laboratory personnel. Coordinates lab and project meetings. Identifies and resolves conflicts.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of organizations, internally and externally. Coordinates, manages and oversees collaborations with internal departments, pharmaceutical, biotech and universities.
- Oversees maintenance, upkeep and purchasing of lab equipment and inventory supplies. Responsible for research lab quality control and compliance. Responsible for the organization and daily upkeep of the laboratory, space and potential relocations/moves.
- Monitors and ensures Lab safety of personnel, materials and maintains standards to ensure protection for lab employees
- Supervise the execution and completion Sponsored Research Agreements with pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology companies as required.
- To qualify you must have a B.S. in science field
- Experience managing/supervising laboratory personnel
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
- Experience with project management tools and software or ability to learn the software as needed
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Highly motivated and a strong team player with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fluid, complex, dynamic environment, demonstrates interpersonal flexibility and resiliency to effectively lead through complicated programs and/or issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S. in science field with over 10 years experience or PhD with postdoctoral experience in a drug discovery field and familiar with research and clinical trial development
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.