The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Speech Language Pathologist in the RUSK HJD Speech Department. To qualify a Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology and CCC-SLP form ASHA and NY State License in Speech Pathology required. Independently able to evaluate & develop individualized treatment plans for patients/adults with acquired neurological impairments. MBS and Tracheotomy experience is required. The ability to work effectively as a part of a trans-disciplinary team with excellent report writing and verbal communication skills. Willingness to adhere to a flexible work schedule. Effective interpersonal and communication skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide speech-language pathology services on adult Inpatient neurorehabilitation unit under supervision, and any other duties deemed necessary by the Program Manager. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates continued proficiency in skills required to treat assigned patient population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ongoing professional development continuing education, Required NYS for maintaining licensure.
- Assesses patients communication function and abilities.
- Patient/family counseling training.
- Documents treatments rendered in accordance with departments protocol.
- Conducts Group and individual therapy sessions.
- Patient Management - Develops, implements, evaluates and plans speech-language pathology treatment programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.