| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site athttp://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe IT Associate for Campus Telecommunications is responsible for the development, management and maintenance of Baruch College's telecommunications infrastructure and services. This currently includes a legacy Mitel PBX, but this position is also responsible for helping to plan and execute a VoIP migration. This position has an important role in designing and administering communications systems that support the College's global outreach initiatives, including international student recruitment, student and faculty exchange and collaboration, collaborative research abroad, global programs and partnerships with educational institutions, government and non-profits, corporations, and industry. This position is expected to perform maintenance and troubleshooting operations at layers 1 - 3 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model. As a member of the network services team in the Baruch Computing and Technology Center, serves as a technical resource to other members of the team and participates in the development of a converged data/voice environment at the College.Duties include, but are not limited to:|
* Administer and maintain PBX during transition.
* Help to select and specify VoIP replacement system.
* Implement VoIP system.
* Document the needs of faculty, staff and students related to telecommunications systems and services.
* Install, administer and maintain unified communications, voicemail and fax systems.
* Administer and maintain a VoIP monitoring solution.
* Administer ACD vectors, announcements, schedules, tables, and agents.
* Assist with the administration of videoconferencing systems.
* Supervise two telecommunications technicians and two telephone operators.
* Participate in planning and implementing complex technical projects, working both independently and as part of a team.
* Work with other IT staff in troubleshooting telecommunication and network issues.
* Provide second-tier support for trouble tickets to resolve complex voice and/or networking issues.
* Engage in an ongoing program of professional development.
* Disseminate knowledge and cross-train other team members.
* Conduct scheduled maintenance, respond to emergencies, and other related tasks during non-business hours.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications:
* Extensive knowledge of telecommunications systems and a strong foundation in modern LAN technologies in a data/voice converged environment
* Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills
* Experience with VoIP systems
* Experience performing moves, adds, and changes
* Experience with establishing complex call processing configurations
* Experience with managing enterprise voicemail systems
* Experience with Unified CommunicationsCOMPENSATION$82,813BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 9, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* IT Associate 3*Job ID:
* 16344*Full/Part Time: