| POSITION DETAILSLaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle "Dare to Do More" reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become.For more information about LaGuardia, visit our website - www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.Reporting to the Nursing Program Director, the Clinical Placement Coordinator will serve as the liaison between LaGuardia Community College and the clinical facilities.The Coordinator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:|
* Monitor contracts, submitting all requisite paperwork to clinical facilities for students participating in clinical rotations.
* Schedule faculty and students to attend mandatory hospital orientations, HIPAA training, online in-service and computerized training and maintain compliance with hospital requirements (drug screening).
* Communicates with nurse educators and /or placement coordinators in hospitals and clinics to develop clinical placements via email, phone and/or in person.
* Coordinates the numbers of student-placements needed at each semester, level and type of experience needed (e.g., Pediatrics, Obstetrics, etc).
* Identifies facility requirements at each clinical placement location, such as orientation and Electronic Health Record (EHR) training, and communicate these clinical entry requirements to instructors and student groups in a timely manner.
* Keeps record of facility requirements, updating them as necessary when facilities change their requirements.
* Confirm placements with nurse educators and /or placement coordinators in health care facilities via timely follow up communications.
* Communicate confirmed or changed clinical placement agreements with Director, instructors, campus program coordinators and students for all undergraduate placements in the nursing majors (RN & PN)
* Attends Placement Coordinators meetings at health care facilities throughout the NYC Metro area as they occur.
* Monitor that contracts with the facility are current.
* Ensures that students and faculty health record are uploaded into the Certified Profile System
* Communicates with all nursing students and faculty on an ongoing basis to ensure that each student's records are up to date, including sending out notifications when requirements are not met, including immunizations, CPR, liability insurance, health insurance, criminal background checks and any other required information.
* Maintain HIPPA & FERPA requirements.
* Sends health records and all other required documents of each student to the placement coordinator/nurse educator at clinical placement facility, on a timely basis, as required by the facility/agency.
* Attends new student orientation twice a year and present on Clearance Requirements/Record Management and the Use of Certified Profile.
* Coordinates student onboarding and provide assistance when required.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWSupports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
* Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
* Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
* Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
* Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
* Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
* Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
* May supervise office staff and student workers.
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Administrative CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYApplications should be submitted on-line as follows:1. Log in to CUNY Portal at www.cuny.edu2. Navigate to the "Employment" page3. Click on Search Job Postings3. Search by Job Opening ID number4. Click on the Apply Now buttonCurrent users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references as one document in rtf, doc or pdf format.CLOSING DATE3/9/2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* LaGuardia Community College*Job Title:
* Clinical Placement Coordinator - Nursing*Job ID:
* 16352*Full/Part Time: