| POSITION DETAILSLaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.Reporting to the Accounting Finance Controller, the Finance Manager will oversee the Accounts Payable Office and staff and is responsible for the management of all College-wide related accounts payable functions and for developing procedures and practices that will enhance the efficiency and customer service of the Accounts Payable department.In Addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:|
* Develop and implement business controls and works with Controller to strategically implement business plans
* Recommend and implement improvements to processes and procedures that will enhance efficiency, customer service, and eliminate redundancies related to disbursement processing; as well as monitor suitable internal controls spanning across Tax Levy and Non-Tax Levy Related Entities
* Responsible for cash management related issues, liaise with bank representatives, review bank reconciliations and monthly financial statements
* Perform high level year-end, quarterly, monthly and ad-hoc analyses
* Prepare financial, administrative, departmental, and operational reports and presentations
* Create and implement formal training sessions related to CUNYFirst and other functions
* Monitor the City and the College's financial systems and process appropriate entries to keep the systems synchronized.
* Assist with mid-year and year-end financial reporting to the City University Central Office, as well as internal audits for Non-Tax Levy Related Entities; work with the Procurement Director and Budget Director to troubleshoot any problems concerning vendor payments and credit card reconciliations or reimbursements.
* Recruits, trains, supervises and manages administrative and professional staff in the Accounts Payable Department.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellent qualities of personality and character and the ability to work with others for the good of the institution. Experience in a higher education setting preferred; strong knowledge of payable processing; knowledge of computer systems and software including word processing, spreadsheets, database, general ledger system and online systems preferred. Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills; great organizational skills; and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously also preferred.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWManages the financial activities of a College or major program.
* Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
* Develops and recommends policies and controls to assure the responsible use of resources
* Supports strategic planning processes; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations
* Prepares and manages production of statistical/analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities
* Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
* Liaisons with auditors and other internal and external agencies as necessary
* May negotiate contracts
* May hire, supervise and train finance and/or clerical staff and manage related administrative functions
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Finance ManagerCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssociateFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYApplications should be submitted on-line as follows:1. Log in to CUNY Portal at www.cuny.edu2. Navigate to Careers at CUNY located on the left sidebar.3. Search by job Opening ID number.4. Click on the Apply Now Button.Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references as one document in rtf, doc, or pdf format.CLOSING DATE03/9/2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* LaGuardia Community College*Job Title:
* Finance Manager - Business Office*Job ID:
* 16356*Full/Part Time: