About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Preforms administrative duties in support of the Nuclear Engineering Department. Position responsibilities include ordering supplies, reconciling expenditures for projects totaling $1-2 million/year, assisting with personnel transactions and reconciliation of personnel expenditures, travel arrangements and reimbursements, logging orders, maintaining calendars, assisting faculty and other day to day duties as assigned.
- Experience providing administrative support in an academic or professional office setting.
- Proficient with computer functions such as word processing, spreadsheets, calendaring, and email.
- Experience with bookkeeping/accounting and related database management systems.
- Ability to disseminate programmatic information to a diverse clientele and to work in a collaborative manner to coordinate work and resolve problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must effectively accept challenges and responsibility and take pride in setting and achieving goals.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, team orientation, and the desire to work in a student and research oriented environment.
- Knowledge of financial procedures associated with grants management.
- Working knowledge of Banner Finance.
- Experience making travel arrangements.
- Experience with university financial procedures including travel reimbursements.
Employee Category: Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year
Appointment Type: Temp, non-salaried wage
Percent Employment: Part-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.