DiscoverVanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a globalcrossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is acommunity of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim ofchanging the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, yourknowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where yourdiversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought andcelebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something thatis bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and neversettle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness throughpreeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To ViewThe VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce (TempForce) was created to connect temporary talent to all areas of VUMC.TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across theMedical Center.
VUMC TempForce has opportunities for Compliance Audit Consultant. Inthis role you will consult with designated service areaswithin Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) as they respond toquestions and evolve processes, and partner with technical functions, such ascontracting personnel, billing managers, medical coders to establish bestpractices and develop and maintain practice pathways to adhere to policy. Willalso perform directed audits and recurring monitoring consistent withCompliance Audit work plans and processes. These audits will be designedto assess adherence to VUMC policy and increase understanding of best practicesand foster a reduction in performance variance.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
- Must be experienced in the review and monitoring of health care systems and processes relating to documentation, coding, billing and contracting.
- Clinical degree or experience in compliance related disciplines preferred
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel
- Familiarity with using technology to extract data and reports from internal and external databases to perform benchmark analyses and identify potential outliers and anomalies
- Familiarity with electronic medical records systems, MGMA data, UHC data and/or VUMC Business Objects reporting preferred
- Industry and content expertise in integrated billing compliance, regulatory affairs, privacy/security, audit, and business/physician transaction regulatory compliance
- Experience with process and/or quality improvement initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated experience in internal audit principles and practices
- Knowledge of federal regulations, healthcare program billing requirements and privacy/security standards. Proven record of successful experience in the application of these mandates in a multi-functional, multi-disciplinary setting
- Competence in preparing and presenting audit results to individuals at a variety of levels from various constituencies within the organization.