Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development, Development Services
The Department of Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development assists Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) in securing the resources, both human and financial, that are required to achieve its mission and goals. The Department is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals and organizations whose charitable objectives are consistent with those of VUMCâs teaching, research and medical programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Gift and Donor Services the Gift Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Advancement Services team to ensure that projects are completed according to deadlines, with accuracy, quality, and integrity. Including: continuously compile, review and analyze project outcomes against established goals, objectives and timelines;
- recommend process improvement for program and services
- use appropriate resources to effectively and efficiently resolve problems
- Create and maintain VUMC gift and donor information into a proprietary complex relational database in an accurate and timely manner including preparing gifts and other documents for imaging; keying data; preparing checks and currency for deposit; documenting other types of gifts as required; and using appropriate tools to maintain data integrity.
- Review all matching gifts to determine if company eligibility requirements are met before gifts are processed.
- Examine GreaterGiving/gift database transactions for the VUMC Development merchant accounts, including report preparation for reconciliation. This individual will serve as the coordinator for online event transactions that require tax receipts and act as the departmental liaison for gifts of services.
- Coordinate events on behalf of Gift Processing, including, but not limited to, training for departmental staff, assisting with retreat planning, and internal Gift Processing staff training.
- Provides support to the Assistant Director of Gift and Donor Services as well as the Director of Finance.
- Provide customer service for questions from both internal and external constituents, receive and distribute mail.
- Serve on various internal working groups to develop and document policies and procedures and technology needs.
- Perform tasks in a varied and highly complex environment, exercising a high degree of judgment in selecting and applying guidelines and policy. Many duties involve access and use of confidential information.
- To develop strong working relationships with other VUMC offices to make accessing information more productive and efficient.
- To uphold departmental and institutional policies regarding confidential information including compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations.
- To work cooperatively with VUMC Development colleagues.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Job requires high school graduate or GED and 2 years of experience or the equivalent. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with 2 yearsâ experience in supporting donor-centered initiatives. Proficiency in most MS Office software products, particularly Excel, is required. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. Ability to work independently, take initiative, organize multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing priorities is essential. A detailed working knowledge of VUMC is preferred, and an ability to assemble data is important. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.