Business Analyst II
Focus on working closely with business analysts to refine the presentation of data in a way that translates it into meaningful information and action-oriented solutions. Partner with various constituents in Access and in Clinics to investigate the data and collectively implement business solutions. Analyze multiple, stable, patient access to care metrics to identify trends and explore relationships across the data. Proactively monitor performance data for providers and clinics and alert leadership of possible solutions to proactively improve performance.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Develop communications such as PowerPoint presentations, proposals, policies and procedures, and business summaries to enhance and support strategic or operational plans.
2. Proactively monitor performance and improvement initiatives to support elevated performance.
3. Understand business problems and opportunities and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its patient access to care goals.
4. Apply process improvement methods applicable to the field and designs plans for implementation.
5. Communicate analysis, ideas, and findings using data visualization techniques (PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.)
6. Communicate the analytical results to team members and suggest implications and potential next steps
7. Analyze trends affecting budget/accounting needs and recommend procedural changes as needed.
8. Perform financial and business data and process analysis, draws conclusions, review with clinics, and make recommendations to leadership.
9. Aggregate data from different sources and perform analysis as per business requirements
10. Develop budget and forecasting models that analyze the overall business plan. Manage and prepare budgets based upon current standards and provide regular updates.
11. Research current challenges and trends in the field and brings information and recommendations back to leadership for consideration.
12. Researches business problems and quickly understands the issues and data challenges of organization.
13. Analyze proposed plans and policies, as well as new programs, to determine costs. Makes appropriate recommendations to management in order to strengthen business controls, improve operations, and/or reduce costs.
14. Develop programs or queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, program, and/or reports.
15. Gather data using data mining techniques and tools, analyze information, develop conclusions, communicate recommendations clearly and work effectively with others on a team.
16. Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization.
Â· Bachelorâs degree
Â· MS Office; Advanced PowerPoint and Excel
Â· 3-5 years of relevant experience
Â· Experience in journalism, communications, executive summary reporting
Â· Extremely strong problem solving skills with the ability to break down a complex multi-factorial problem into discreet steps, determine the analytics needed to solve each step, then create outputs to help drive action
Â· Positive, people-oriented, entrepreneurial, and energetic attitude
Â· Demonstrate good team building and leadership skills
Â· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Â· Passionate about hospitals and healthcare industry (Prior experience in hospitals or healthcare is strongly preferred but is not mandatory)
Â· Process or operations improvement and project management knowledge
Â· Familiarity with complexity associated with patient access to care
Â· Experience working with providers