Path SupportRepresentative needed to join a dynamic team of laboratory staff for a clinicallab. The ideal candidate will be customerservice oriented with a background of transcription experience, medicalterminology, high typing speed with accuracy, ability to multi-task and problemsolve. Administrative experience would be helpful.
Position works closely with anotherPath Support Representative and other laboratorystaff to ensure prompt turnaround of in-house cases, as well as consult cases from outside hospitals. Work includesaccessioning, transcription of reports using DocQVoice and micro-cassette transcription, customer support,mail out of reports and materials, faxing,and filing along with somenon-clinical support. The primary focusis in support of patient care.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the caseload. The two Path SupportRepresentative positions work staggered schedulesto provide coveragefor early specimensand faxing of reports in the afternoon. Coverage can span from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m. Schedulemay include overtime.
Provides clerical support including assisting with the preparation of clinical reports to assure excellent quality and customer service. Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Core Accountabilities
- Organizational Impact: Performs non'routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Key Responsibilities
- Receives and triages internal and external specimens. Handles add on orders, requests for additional materials and monitors TAT as required.
- Handles special requests for reference lab testing and tracks the entire process including the request to outside facilities for materials through to the receipt of the results.
- Prepares materials for shipping to outside facilities and reference labs.
- File slides and retrieve slides. Participates in managing archived slides.
- Provides clerical support including assisting with the preparation of clinical reports and customer support activities.
- Participates in quality control and process improvement activities.
- Supports lab or specialty laboratory and demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving abilities in in handling daily workflow and problems.
- Core Capabilities: Supporting Colleagues
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner
- Core Capabilities: Delivering Excellent Services
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support
- Core Capabilities: Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards
- Ensures continuous improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department
- Core Capabilities: Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error
- Core Capabilities: Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work
- Technical Capabilities
- Ad Hoc Reporting: Has limited experience or training accessing information to prepare simple reports.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates the ability to influence customers. Knows how to verify and clarify the needs and expectations of customers. Responds quickly and efficiently to customer service requests. Participates in and conducts meetings with customers. Keeps customers informed of status via standard reporting techniques. Meets the continuing service needs of a customer group, including requests for changes in work content. Responds to customers with an appropriate level of urgency, energy, persistence and tenacity.
- Data Entry: Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data entry in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to interpret complex data entry instructions accurately.
- Quality Assurance: Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective. Demonstrates quality management practices on the job which result in superior products and services delivered.