Under general supervision, perform all duties relating to the reception and waiting areas of the Clinic in addition to assisting patients with physician and insurance referrals as designated by the physician. Also facilitate the appropriate registration of patients, produce and maintain appropriate documentation necessary for billing/collection purposes.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services. Schedule appointments. Contact insurance carriers when appropriate for precertifications and referrals. Coordinate ordering and scheduling of hospital-based tests and procedures.
- Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and request for information. Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
- Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
- Initiate patient contact and prepare patient by obtaining vital signs, lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and related patient history information.
- Assist physician in patient examination, evaluation, and clinical procedures as needed. Administers injections and medications (exclusive of narcotics) as directed by physician.
- Provide follow-up instructions and other patient education as prescribed by the physician. Instruct patient on examination and diagnostic procedures that are to be performed.
- Maintain patient medical records and ensure proper documentation of telephone and other encounters, patient medications, etc. Notify physician of any potential complications identified.
- Clean exam room after each use and prepare room for next patient. Clean and sterilize equipment. Ensure used syringes, blades, and any other contaminated articles are disposed of properly.
- Maintain pharmacy and other clinical supplies at appropriate levels. Identify and appropriately dispose of expired supplies.
- Manage patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.