Under general supervision, assists with patient care in all areas of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy for patients in the rehabilitation program.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere ***QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Assist therapists and therapy assistants with patient care activities as directed. Follow the verbal and nonverbal cues given by the treating therapist(s) during the treatment process.
- Monitor patients performing basic exercise (patients who nee no instruction but verbal cueing) in accordance with specific instructions from treating therapists. Provide feedback to treating therapist regarding patient's performance.
- Transport patients to treatment sessions when appropriate.
- Demonstrate competency in methods and modalities employed in assisting patient in reaching treatment goals, including, but not limited to: ambulating patients for transport or exercise; assisting with activities of daily living for hygiene or mastery; monitoring of hot and cold packs under therapist direction; monitoring patient's vital signs while engaged in exercises or procedures; and assisting therapists in static and dynamic positioning of patients.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing education including stroke care, FIM training and seeking out new knowledge through self-study activities and participation in hospital and department in service and educational programs.
- Input daily patient charges, check discharges, print labels and perform other computer functions utilizing HBOC. Complete all daily notations and charges within department parameters. Also, perform daily charge audits and charge reconciliation, and communicate needed corrections to appropriate personnel.
- Complete 90 day follow-up calls to patients discharged from the Rehab Unit. Assemble and file completed "soft charts" on discharged patients. Maintain files for one year and discard files after one year in the manner described by hospital and/or department policies.
- Monitor and record designated equipment readings, including refrigerators and hydroculators. Report abnormal findings to the therapy supervisor. Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Order and/or maintain inventory levels of program materials and supplies as approved by department manager. Periodically (at least annually), review and discuss with supervisor the status of current programs, equipment and techniques, and make recommendations regarding improvements, additions or deletions. Demonstrate an understanding of the financial impact of costs of goods and services on the department's ability to achieve its operating margin.
- Confer with staff members and obtain required authorization(s) according to department guidelines regarding specialized equipment and services required by the department for patient care and safety. Ensure that patient care areas are cleaned daily and noted in department records, work collaboratively with staff to ensure unit has a neat, clean and professional appearance. Also, ensure that all patients are provided a clean, safe and appropriately sized wheelchair and walker, as needed, on day of admission.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.