| Unit Description|
Our medical unit at Good Samaritan is a 30 private bed unit that sees all medical cases (CHF, COPD, Sepsis etc) with some surgical overflow. All of our med/surg units have a Resource RN. We have a very strong team on the medical unit who are passionate about patient care and working as a team. Does this sound like a place you'd like to work? We think so! Apply today!
Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the direction of licensed Nursing personnel to provide quality patient care in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Participate in patient care assessments and assist in development of patient treatment plans.
- Provide direct patient care in accordance with treatment plans, as directed by the Nursing Supervisor/Nurse Manager.
- Demonstrate understanding of and utilize proper infection control policies/practices.
- Accompany patients, as needed, to various activities and functions.
- Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients.
- Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
- Attend meetings and in-service sessions, as directed.
- Access continuing education opportunities as appropriate to discipline in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED, required
- Completion of an approved course of Certified Nursing Assistant study, required
- Valid certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred