The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for both the fieldwork (FW) /internship and the program, supporting the faculty, students, and staff of the Occupational Therapy Program. The position reports to the OT Program Director, and works closely with the Academic Fieldwork/DEER Coordinators for responsibilities associated with that portion of the Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare and distribute mailings and electronic communications to FW Coordinators and Educators (e.g., packets, rotation schedule updates, confirmation letters, availability and reservation request forms, etc.)
* Track OT students’ immunization and certification credentials through COEE and RMS
* Track and document FW/Internship Coordinators/Educators’ qualifications, credentials, and privileges; prepare and distribute thank you/continuing education certificates and letters for the Program
* Maintain FW/Internship files, records, and reporting through the university data base (e.g., mid- and end-cycle rotation evaluations / paperwork, documents and agreements from COEE/sites
* Work closely with Academic FW/DEER Coordinator(s) to ensure efficiency of workload for FW/Internship portion of the OT Program
* Work as a team with other administrative staff in the logistics of faculty meetings, Program meetings, and college activities, (e.g., student picnic, student orientation, White Coat Ceremony, student CPR course, workshops, presentations, and the graduation ceremony/banquet, faculty/staff retreats, continuing education)
* Assist with purchasing and maintain adequate office supplies - order equipment, placing purchase orders; maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
* Schedule FW events and Advisory Council meetings
* Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
* Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
* Process expense reports as assigned
* Share in administrative responsibilities for the Program including the following:
+ Record and maintain records and minutes of faculty meetings.
+ Run Scantron tests and reports
+ Submit requests for support departments (e.g., ITS, Maintenance, Copy center, EMS room scheduler, etc.)
+ Answer and respond to telephone calls, assist/greets visitors
+ Manage incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail/FedEx in a timely manner
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED with at least 2 years of previous administrative experience required. Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year College/Technical school is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required.. Must be able to create spreadsheets, tables and input data into software programs accurately. Will be working with University determined software for managing the Fieldwork and Internship records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/20 in at least one eye and normal visual fields.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
* 2 year(s): Previous administrative experience required
* High School or better
* Associates or better