| Role/Responsibilities: |
The Research Data Analyst will be a part of the group that sources and maintains the credit risk data that are vital to the success of Moody's Analytics' (MA) credit risk models and consulting services, creates data analytics, reports and performs model validation. The successful candidate will also participate in state of the art research with our renowned quantitative research team in the area of credit risk.
- Analyze and Quality Control company financial statement and loan portfolio information in MA's global Credit Research Database (CRD)
- Standardize data formats from multiple data sources into CRD standards
- Analyze patterns and discrepancies in the credit data provided
- Produce reports and visual dashboards that describe data characteristics and highlight trends and issues
- Perform data analyses, and be comfortable with statistics and relational databases
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Technical Team
- Make presentations and communicate regularly with clients and data vendors
The ERS Research team members are tasked with providing quality credit research data. The importance of credit research data is recognized by many of the globe's most advanced financial institutions and corporations. These organizations contribute their data to our effort because they seek access to more powerful models based on broader credit risk experience, as well as a structured approach to data collection and greater insight into trends in credit markets for private and public firms.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field. Master degree preferred
- Two - four year work experience with economic or financial data
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand Financial reports such as 10K and 10Q
- Experience or academic training in: financial data analysis and management, Bloomberg media, MS Access, MS Excel, Structured Query Language (SQL), SAS, R and BI tools such as Qlik or Tableau is a strong plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS, and other regional accounting principles is a plus
- Knowledge of relational database design strongly preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.