APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 20, 2017
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Supply Chain Supervisor (R17-066)
In this position, you’ll provide strategic direction and leadership for multiple categories with an annual spend of $350M or greater. Develop strategies and plans to reduce purchase cost and drive lowest total cost of ownership while ensuring service excellence. Oversee the governance of the purchase order and contract approval process from creation through award.
Support our journey by:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain portfolio of strategic category plans, strategies and initiatives to generate cost savings, deliver service excellence, and optimize supplier diversity with a focus on reductions in total cost of ownership, performance optimization, and improved operations for key lines of business.
- Ensure overall governance of the purchase order and contract approval processes from creation through award. Oversee contract spend across multiple spend categories.
- Develop short and long term strategies for all spend categories within assigned category groups. Lead complex cross-functional teams in the execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Work with client subject matter specialists and managers to assess business requirements and develop category spend plans for ongoing client sourcing needs.
- Develop, implement, maintain and support policies, procedures, guidelines and standards to promote cost effective performance of all indirect sourcing functions and associated planning, management, and operating activities.
- Provide performance management and coaching to team of direct-report Category Managers and indirect-report Category Buyers.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-066. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.