Montgomery County Community College invites applications for an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller directs daily accounting activities for the College. This individual will serve as a campus resource for internal control, process improvement, regulatory compliance, policy design and implementation, and general accounting issues. The Assistant Controller directly manages the following areas: fixed assets, construction/capital accounting, disbursement management, governmental and agency reporting, foundation accounting, surveys, risk management, oversight of policy and procedure documentation and cash management. The individual supervises and provides leadership to Controller’s Office staff and supports operational and reporting matters related to: finance, banking, capital accounting, fixed assets, external financial reporting and internal financial reporting. He/she will serve as a liaison for training both inside and outside the department and will assist in establishing standards for on-going staff professional development. The Assistant Controller serves as a senior member of the Division of Finance and Administration and will interface and collaborate with the Vice President, Controller and other key members of the College Community and external organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or closely related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive accounting experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive supervisory experience required. Strong managerial skills to oversee professional and support staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and regulations in order to prepare financial statements in accordance with GASB and FASB as well as detailed financial analyses and demonstrated analytical skills to interpret financial data is required.
- Experience in College or University environment highly preferred.
- Excellent administrative, oral and written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams, work collaboratively with diverse constituents, and produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to introduce and manage change.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2016 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu/career-opportunities. The closing date for applications is 2/26/17.
Montgomery County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.