Executive Director of Online Learning
The University of Southern Indiana (USI) invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Online Learning. Established in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls over 10,500 undergraduate, graduate, and dual credit students in 80 majors. A public higher education institution, located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, Indiana, USI offers programs through the College of Liberal Arts, Romain College of Business, College of Nursing and Health Professions, and the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education.
The primary purpose of this position is to advance the goals and objectives of online learning at the University of Southern Indiana, and provide leadership in developing and implementing the online learning strategy for the university to include the strengthening of existing programs and the development of cutting-edge new programs that enhance student success, grow tuition revenue and increase enrollment, recruitment, retention and graduation rates.
- Provide strategic direction for online learning at USI. Align the direction and vision of online learning with USI's strategic plan goals of purposeful and sustainable growth, access and opportunity by design, and excellence in learning for the entire USI community.
- Set and implement goals and metrics for online learning.
- Enhance online student services at USI.
- Develop and enhance external partnerships to grow and sustain key online learning program initiatives.
- Oversee instructional design activities and quality improvement of related processes.
- Keep abreast of national trends in online and blended learning.
- Provide oversight and keep university leaders and others aware of updates related to NC-SARA, the Higher Learning Commission, and other relevant regulatory organizations.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key units across campus including academic colleges, Graduate Studies, Outreach and Engagement, Disability Resources, Information Technology, Enrollment Management, University Division and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). Represent and provide leadership for Online Learning on various university and community committees and task forces, and serve on leadership bodies such as President's Council and Provost's Council.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Master's degree with demonstrated excellence in higher education leadership and management experience is required. Completed terminal degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated quality online teaching experience is required.
- Experience in budget management, planning, and assessment required.
- Demonstrated excellence in leading collaborative projects is required. Experience leading projects that include collaborations with deans and faculty is highly preferred.
To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/employment. Salary is commensurate with experience. Faculty rank may be awarded commensurate with qualifications and experience. For best consideration, please submit materials by March 15, 2017.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.