Job Description: Illinois Welcoming Center
Case Manager/Family Support Specialist (Bilingual-Spanish)
Center: Nuestra Familia Cicero
Reports To: Family Support Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Illinois Welcoming Center (IWC) is a comprehensive service center for the integration of immigrants and refugees in Illinois. The IWC innovative model eliminates systemic barriers that immigrants may have in approaching state services. The IWC provides immigrant and refugee individuals and families with an array of service, information, programs, and classes to assist in their path towards successful integration to the state and therefore, creating self-sustaining and thriving communities.
The Bilingual Case Manager will provide case management services to individuals/families that enter the center in need of multiple services. Case Manager will provide assessment of needs, service planning, home visits, reassessments, linkages and referrals to public and privates services and programs, information dissemination, advocacy, mental health assessment, and service plan follow-up planning. Case Manager will also support in coordinating monthly educational workshops.
- Conduct case management duties including needs and strengths assessments, screenings, referrals and advocacy.
- Perform case management home visits and follow-ups as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge on early childhood development and education.
- Locate, identify and utilize partner agencies, social services and resources for families.
- Provide education, information and referrals to program participants.
- Identify partners, speaker and curriculum to meet the needs of participants and provide education series for parents on a number of early child development topics, such as parent child interaction activities, gross and fine motor skill development, literacy and language acquisition.
- Develop Individual Family Support Plan for each case that received case management services.
- Assist in the supervision and training of volunteers and interns who provide services to participants as needed.
- Collaborate with local social service agencies in order to coordinate services for participants.
- Present case material and request information from other center staff.
- Represent Family Focus Nuestra Familia in community councils, coalitions, partnership and other meetings as assigned.
- Maintain the highest level of participant confidentiality.
- Attend required meetings, including but not limited to, weekly intake meetings, participant staffings, team meetings, program meetings and supervision.
- Prepare and submit documentation and reports.
- Maintain participant records in accordance to professional standards, project, and funding source requirements.
- Develop and maintain required records, reports and statistical data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years’ experience in the social work or related social services field.
- Prior case management experience.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities utilizing the Principles of Family Support Practice.
- Experience working in a community-based/social services setting.
- Prior knowledge and experience working in diverse community.
- Culturally competent and understands the immigrant and refugee community in Cicero and the surrounding area.
- Must be able to write, speak, facilitate, and translate in both English and Spanish.
- Some weekends and evenings will be required.
- This position requires some travel. Car is essential.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to:
No phone calls please.
Family Focus values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer